James Chamier <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 May 1998 18:28:15 +0100
Gilles Frydman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We have a lingering problem on one of the lists.
>One of the users is sending mail through Windows Messaging, v4.0.839.7
>On every one of his messages, we get a weird attachment composed of a
>winmail.dat file plus some additional garbage.

Easy. This is the same as in the Microsoft Exchange Client which shipped with
the first release of Win95, and with Exchange Server 4.

For each address book entry there is a checkbox labelled "Send rich text
format". This needs to be UNCHECKED.

If you (or your user) takes a look at

http://www.angrygraycat.com/goetter/widgets.htm

there are a lot of useful add ins, including "Rich Text Sentry" which will
permanantly solve this problem.

Also  http://www.slipstick.com  has a lot of useful MS Exchange, Outlook 97, 98
and Outlook Express information.

James
--
James Chamier, Windows Developer, Microsoft Engineer, PC Troubleshooter
Home - [log in to unmask] - http://www.chamier.demon.co.uk