"David B. O'Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 13:02:30 -0400

>Trish, I have threatened AOL with dumping all AOL users and serving
>them out if AOL didn't stop sending me garbage bounce msgs. [ ... ]

What kind of "garbage bounce messages" exactly? We generate two bounce
messages:

550 username unknown
551 username mailbox full

I know that on the lists I run, the error messages get sent to the list owner
(not the list), as is appropriate. The SMTP messages are succinct, though
obviously not in LISTSERV auto-deletable format (if such a format is described
 somewhere, I'd appreciate *anyone* sending a copy).

Anyway, of the thousands of bounce messages I get each week, I've found ours
to be easier to parse and quicker to take action on than a great many other
systems' (Vines, VAXen, MS-Mail and others spring to mind).

--David O'Donnell ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
  AOL Internet Feedback/Response/Information Team Manager