Mark Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 21:19:08 -0500
Ben Parker wrote:

> The only way to 'turn-off' confirm is via a get/put of the (changed) list
> header.  This could work, but would be cumbersome.  It would require 3 separate
> jobs, (change the header), (send the distribute job or simply post to the list),
> (change the header back), it cannot be done in only one job.

It would be cumbersome if a human was doing it. But it's a program. It
could easily send three e-mails. My only concern would be that the "un
confirm header" PUT message would get mixed up in transit and therefore
have no effect or, worse, arrive last and leave the list open to forged
postings.  Even though these computers are sitting next to each other on
the same hub, my concern is that LISTSERV might somehow process both PUT
jobs before doing the send of the message.

Oh well... I'll just have to tell the secretary that after she posts the
news message, she'll have to log in, get her mail, and then OK it for
distribution.  I was hoping for something a little simpler.

Thanks

Mark Hunnibell