Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 08:33:20 -0700
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 21:30:20 -0500, Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I looked through the manuals and searched the archives and wasn't able to
>locate the information that I need to have. Can anybody tell me if there is
>a command to check who is currently served off a listserv? And is it
>possible to see why they were served off -- as in whether they were served
>out by the site maintainer (me) or whether they were served off for bad
>commands?

There is no such command, which is why you didn't find it.  The only way to
tell for an individual address is to send the command  SERVE user@address
from a non-adminstrator address.  You will either get a response that they
were not served off (and therefore cannot be served on) or that service has
been restored to them (i.e. they were served off for bad commands) or that
service can only be restored by privileged persons.