Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:53:06 -0400
I believe the suggestion was the obverse: who NOT to use, but I won't beat a dead horse.  As a long-time list-owner of an active list of diverse email-experienced users, I've had the opportunity to build up a domain of knowledge.  There are certain ISPs that I would steer clear of if I were to depend upon a reliable and available email system.

Being a list-operator who is interested in the reliable transfer of information, it is my duty to give my customers the benefit of my experience, esp. when my customers complain to me about their inability to reliably receive list postings.

<rhetorical>
How much of your GI-time are you willing to spend assisting *some* of your customers (perhaps at the expense of helping others) on trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?  That doesn't mean that you should not try, but at some point you're going to hit your head up against a wall.
</rhetorical>

BTW, the inability to reliably receive e-mail is not restricted to commercial ISPs.   I've had my go 'rounds with a specific .GOV site.  Unfortunately the users there have no choice.

/Pete