Barbara Passmore <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:53:34 -0400
Hi,

I have been a listowner/co-listowner for several years, but only now do I
have a list that I started and of which I am the sole listowner.  There are
slightly over 460 subscribers.

A number of my subscribers are on internet free mailers, hotmail, juno,
yahoo, etc.

I personally don't like the "bottom banners" carrying the advertising of
these types of mailers.  It is also against my stated policy in which I
do not allow advertising.  I don't want to exorcise all of those who use
this type of mailer, but I wonder if it is possible for LISTSERV to detect
and delete the banners.  I use a bottom banner on my own list and I would
rather that it be the only one.

If not possible now, would you please add this idea to the suggestions to be
considered in the future.

As I think of this, there is somewhat of a problem about reply messages
carrying even my bottom banner forward which is then re-added by LISTSERV.
Perhaps that could be eliminated by stripping bottom banners, also.

Barbara Passmore