Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:40:10 -0600
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:09:32 -0400, Steve Howie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I was under the impression that the super-list merge all sub-list
>subscribers to give a dynamic subscriber list.

Yes, when this occurs to build a one-time recipient list when a message is
posted to the super list.  This is not done in order to test the Send=

>If the super-list is set
>to Send= Private, then why can't this user post?

Because s/he is not subscribed to the Superlist.

Given this:

 SSSS= Super-List
 AAAA= Sub-list1
 BBBB= Sub-list2
(no members of AAAA or BBBB are subscribed to SSSS)

What you want is something like this in the header of Super-List (SSSS)

Send= Private,(AAAA),(BBBB)
Then any subscriber of SSSS or AAAA or BBBB may post to SSSS.

If you have 50 sub-lists then you will need to add all 50 sub-lists to the
Send= line of the SSSS list.