W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:02:19 -0230
Thanks for the explanations, and the insight.  I did not know that
someone could, for example subscribe anonymously to a list!

I solved the problem by adding a routine to the script I use to approve
various kinds of subscriptions.  Since I DO insist that people use their
real names for my lists, the script picks up the address that has the
no name message, and sends a polite note to the subscriber asking for
their real name.  If they don't want to give it they don't belong on the
list.

Bill

--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406