"Steve Traugott [UUs-L]" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Feb 1992 13:45:49 EST
In a recent post here, the following was shown as the message
subscribers get when they come up for renewal.  This message tells
the user to issue a BITNET-type command to confirm their
subscription.  What I want to make *sure* of is that LISTSERV issues
messages describing the appropriate mail-type command to subscribers
*not* on BITNET.  Does anyone know for sure, before I go and kick
this off and find out the hard way?

Steve

/../
Dear subscriber,

  Your subscription  to list  TEST is due  for renewal. If  you wish
to remain subscribed  to  TEST, please  issue  the  following command
at  your earliest convenience:

     TELL LISTSERV at FRECP11 CONFIRM TEST

  You will be automatically removed from the  list if you do not send
a CONFIRM command within the next 10 days.

Virtually,

   The LISTSERV management
/../