Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:16:12 EDT
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 04:33:44 -0500 Winship said:
>If one orders LISDB.MEMO from  [log in to unmask]
>one receives Doc. #9809-UD-05 dated 17 Sep., 1998
>
>If one orders LISTDB.MEMO from [log in to unmask]
>one receives Doc. #9901-UD-05 dated 11 Jan., 1999
>
>Both these sites are lsoft.com sites, presumably both run by L-Soft.
>Why the difference in output/documents?

Sorry, Douglas.  I'll update it when I get a chance here.  The most
current copies of all documentation are found on the FTP site and not
necessarily on LISTSERV.NET, although we strive to keep updated copies
on that machine.

>While mulling that over, would someone at L-SOFT care to give me
>a clear, concise, definition of the damned NEAR implicit operand which
>is *not* defined in the memo and which jumps willy-nilly as it pleases?

Again, sorry, but I don't have a definition for you.

>Failing that, would you rewrite it so that AND is once again implicit?
>I would then gladly give up all questions about NEAR.

Unless Eric answers this question I don't think you're going to get
a specific answer other than what is in the release notes and in the
current LISTDB MEMO.

>For good measure, while I'm at it, where is FUI/AFD for UNIX?  It was
>promised years ago and I ain't seen it yet.  You slip it in in an upgrade
>and I didn't notice?

Excuse me, but I think if you go back you will not see any message from
Eric that says, "Yes, AFD/FUI will appear in version x".  I think you
will find that he has always said that it was in the list of things to do
but that it did not have high priority.  It is definitely not a part of
the non-VM LISTSERV product as it exists today.

Nathan