Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 2 Oct 1994 17:28:31 +0100
On Sat, 1 Oct 1994 22:01:29 EDT Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]> said:

>If you get  the "mail exceeds allowable length"  message, that's because
>LISTSERV  received mail  that exceeds  the implicit  or explicit  length
>limitation  of  your  list.  LISTSERV forwards  these  to  the  LISTSERV
>postmaster. I  thought 1.8a  was supposed  to forward  them to  the list
>owner, but I don't think it's doing that.

If you exceed the threshold for the  list, or the system default for this
(MAILMAXL), it should  go to the "Errors-To=" address. But  if you exceed
FILEMAXL, LISTSERV won't  even look at the file.  FILEMAXL tells LISTSERV
the  size of  the largest  file  it has  the  storage and  disk space  to
process.

  Eric