Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 10:04:40 -0400
I'm moving a list from a Macintosh mailing list to a Listserv running 1.8c.
I'd like to bring along the past log files, in order to take advantage of
the search capabilities, especially from the web site. Having edited other
Listserv logfiles I know what is necessary to put them into the proper format.

Two problems. First I see that the site manager has to initialize past
months before can I put the files up. Okay. I can ask my site manager for
this, and I presume he'll know what to do.

But then for the current month it is putting all of my file as one long
post  Before I put up this file there was one test post in the Notebook
archives. That was of course replaced by my new 2696 line file. I then sent
another test post post to see if this would do some reindexing, but no, I
now have the 2696 line file as the first post and my test post as the
second in the archives. (I was doing my checking from the web site.)

Retrieving this now combined file produces no clues as to something wrong.
A REINDEX command doesn't seem to exist. I then e-mailed in a search
command. Still no change.

Any suggestions for my next step?

Don.