Herman Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 08:36:36 -0400
At 6:25 PM 6/17/96, Marty Hoag wrote:
>   Actually, what I'd like to see before the fuzzy domain matching is
>some sort of "change" command which would allow wildcards.  eg:
>
>CHANGE listname oldaddress newaddress
>
>where   listname could be wildcarded (eg.  KID*  or  *  for all lists by
>the LISTSERV administrator) as could old and new address (I know this
>gets tricky - may have to be restricted but this would basically do what
>the ":newnode" processing does but on demand).

Yes, I agree with the others.  This would be very useful to us.  We have
enough people moving around locally that I had to write a Perl script to
scan all of the lists on our NT LISTSERV and build the DEL, ADD, and SET
commands necessary to change on address from one host to another.  It's a
bit clumsy, but it works.  I'd love to have LISTSERV do all that for me.

*                                       Herman Collins
*
* 128 McVey Hall                        [log in to unmask]
* University of Kentucky                Voice: 606-257-2256
* Lexington, Ky.  40506-0045            Fax: 606-323-1978

* "I'll only say what I have to, if that ..."  Chilli Palmer