Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 May 2001 13:18:01 -0400
I am wondering if there is any way to provide a route for subscribers to
post anonymously, without divulging their names or email addresses,
originating hosts, etc. (we do have a legitimate need for this at times).

I had a thought to create a second, private list to which the owners could
add people (with nomail set) who need to post confidentially.  Subscribers
would then send confidential posts to this list.  This new list would be a
(nomail) member of the real list, and the real list would be a (normal)
member of the confidential list, so that messages sent to the
"confidential" list would get reposted automatically to the real list.
Obviously the nomail setting would be required to avoid a loop!

Will that work?

And more important, probably the real sticking point, is there a way to
make the confidential list strip off the headers before it sends the posts
on to the real list?

If not, anyone have any other ideas for how to accomplish this (basically
a simple anonymous remailing task, but under list owner control)?  It can
certainly be done manually (we list owners can forward the posts back to
the list in our own names), but that has its own dangers and takes up
time.

Thanks for any help ...

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]