Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:09:02 -0500
Comments on a bunch of fresh input items follow.

From: "Eric Thomas"
> My guess is that it was a uuencode message rather than a proper
attachment.

 I'd have made the same guess, but the sample headers had
which I took to mean that the attachments got through with a MIME-compliant
identification.

From: "Karen R"
> Is the attachment stored in the archives? This came up recently on one of
> the lists I oversee. In that case it turned out that the receiver had
> received two copies of the message -- one cc:ed to them and the one that
> was sent from the list.

Now THIS is certainly worth checking! but again, the forwarded set of
headers seems to imply the copy with attachments came through the list.

If the answer to Ben Parker's set of alternative descriptions is NOT #1,
many of us are confused.

If it IS #1, then I remain somewhat interested in the MIME descriptors for
the various parts of the message, particularly the attachment(s).

Hal Keen