Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:22:19 -0500
Chris Range wrote:

> I would like some feedback on something.  I am having to move my
> list so..I have sent a message to my list members requesting that
> they reply to this.  I sent the post yesterday.  So far I haven't
> heard anything.  How long should I wait before sending it directly
> to them?

Is there other traffic on the list, so you know these people
are reading the list but they just seem to be ignoring your
request?  Or are you concerned that maybe it didn't go out, or
that some of them have all their mailing-list messages filtered
off to a folder that they only read when they have spare time?
(That last scenario does happen, and can be rather aggravating
when you're trying to use a mailing list to announce something
urgent.)

Could you just write privately to a -few- of them and ask if they
got the message, if they thought it was clear, if they can help
you figure out why you haven't heard anything?  If it's a discussion
list, you probably have a pretty good idea which members usually can
find time to give an opinion.  :-)

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University