Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:30:38 -0400
On 21 Sep 2001, Rich Greenberg wrote:

> Well, you can see what it does.  Its intended to produce output that is
> easier for a program to parse than the usual output.

Yes, I can see what it does if I try it.  I just did, and the output is
indeed slightly easier to parse -- though not much from my POV.

But I didn't know if Pete's original use of "***GUI***" was a shorthand
for one of his list names that he forgot to remove when he put in the word
"listname", a placeholder for something, or actual text to go into the
command.  The question about what the option is was an honest one -- I'm
not sure why someone didn't just answer it directly.  If you already know
what the answer is it may be obvious, but it was not clear to me.

This option still appears to me to have nothing to do with the usual
meaning of GUI.  Since LSOFT doesn't document it in the List Owners
manual, I am not sure what their intent was.

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]