Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:00:23 -0400
At 14:50 6/26/97 -0230, you wrote:
|So in other words, if I were to set RENEWAL= something very short, like
|24 hours, then it would check all those addresses in the next 24 hours,
|make sure they are all valid, and auto-delete the rest?

In general, you don't want to make RENEWAL too short.  Additionally, based
upon the documentation, if a user has recently (within the RENEWAL period)
posted to the list, then they aren't solicited with the handshake (though
that might not apply to your specific scenario).

There is a wealth of eclectic experience in the LSTOWN-L archives.

http://eva.dc.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?S2=lstown-l&q=renewal%3D&s=&f=&a=&b=
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA