Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Jun 1994 08:29:12 EDT
On Wed, 29 Jun 1994 07:49:07 +0200 Anita Cohen-Williams said:
>    bellmail: cannot append to /usr/spoo/mail/robertso
>    bellmail: cannot create // dead letter
>    bellmail: error closing file: Bad file number
>    550<[log in to unmask] Insufficient Permission
>
>   What does it mean, "insufficient permission"? Can I send it back to the
>Mailer-Daemon and get a human answer on what has happened?

The "insufficient permission" is caused by a 'human' poorly (incorrectly)
setting up their Unix system.  Most Mailer-Daemons are *not* humans.  You
could try sending to [log in to unmask] but that may fail also.  I would
QUIET DEL that user from your list.
Jim...