Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:09:09 -0400
>Jacob-
>
>Thanks for pointing me to the FAQ.
>
>It will probably take me some time to understand the FAQ options.
>
>I think I prefer Option 2 which is to disable the generic templates.
>However, I have several lists hosted by the same provider. I suppose
>when it talks about disabling the generic templates, this can be done
>for each list separately or for one only?

You would do it for each list separately.

>I'm not too experienced working with templates and I must do this via
>email. What I've done in the past was to add a BOTTOM BANNER using the
>following PUT cmd
>
>PUT [LIST-NAME] MAILTPL pw=*********
>[my text here]
>

>Would the cmds to disable the generic Welcome message be:
>
>PUT [LIST-NAME] MAILTPL pw=*********
>.QQ
>
>and
>PUT [LIST-NAME] MAILTPL pw=*********
>.QQ

Sort of, except all templates you've modified should go in the same file:

PUT listname MAILTPLE PW=xxxxxx
>>>  ADD1 not needed
.QQ
>>>  SIGNUP1 not needed
.QQ
>>>  BOTTOM_BANNER
[your text here]
[any other templates you've modified]

>What about disabling the generic Farewell message?

I am not sure what message you are referring to.  Can you quote it?

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
  LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.