Lanny Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:18:57 -0500
I ran into this on my list.  I asked and asked my problem-AOL folks to
check their settings.  I then asked for help from some of my AOL
subscribers and put together a procedure for "fixing" the problem.  I
sent THAT out (and posted it to a central portal we have).  After that
was ignored for a couple of days I set the problem-AOL subscribers to
'nomail' and told them to get back to me when they had a resolution.

Not saying that is the fix, just what I did.  I got VERY tired of
receiving an error report everytime I turned around.  Some days it was
INCREDIBLE since my list seems to peak right now with the NCAA
Tournament going and all.

Lanny Pierce

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Barbara Passmore
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 10:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: AOL people banning other list subscribers

Listserv 1.8d is the version under which I operate my list.

I have been having problems with AOL people banning other listmembers
which they can now do.  When Listserv sends a message to a subscriber
from a person they have banned, it is returned to me as an error message
with the explanation that the AOL subscriber has refused to accept mail
from the sender.

I have written those who have done it and have asked them not to ban
other listmembers and have explained why, but they still fail to change
their
blocked list.    I don't want to post to the list about it since AOL
serves
about one-fourth of my total list of 725, and others who don't know
about it may get the idea to do it, also.

Is there any action I can take if they refuse to eliminate their bans
short of deleting them from the list?  I have tried setting them
"nomail" but of course they can change that back again.  "Nopost" and
"review" do not work in this instance.

Apparently, AOL does not use a filter system which most of us have
access to.

Any ideas?

Barbara Passmore