Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:11:37 -0700
On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:39:09 -0600, "Holloway, Mike" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Posting to the e-mail is by subscriber
>only.  The newsgroup is unmoderated.    Posts to the newsgroup from
>nonsubscribers have my e-mail address in the approved header.  The posts
>that escape review have the approved header
>Approved-By:  [log in to unmask]
>and come from users who are subscribed to the LISTSERV list, but are posting
>through the newsgroup.  [log in to unmask] is not subscribed.  The newsguy
>address in my subscription list is
>
>Can anyone explain how these posts are getting through, and what I can do to
>correct it? I've set the newsguy address to review, but this hasn't changed
>anything.  Subscriber posts still go through regardless of review setting,
>and nonsubscriber posts are sent to me for bouncing, which they do without
>any further approval.

What does the Sender: field say on posts you receive for Review?  I had this
problem with someone else.  If the Sender: field is different from the From:,
and the Sender: is the newsgateway subscription, then LISTSERV will accept the
Sender: field.

You will either have to set the newsgate account to review (and approve every post) or you have to get the Newsguy folks to alter the Sender: field.