Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:49:55 -0400
On 9/20/2006 12:22, Julia LaBua wrote:
> One of the lists for which I am a moderator received an unusual request to
> join today, and I wondered if anyone here had any ideas on whether it sounds
> off to them (I am a real Listserv newbie, just learning my way around).
>
> Normally, people who join our lists don't make special requests, but this
> person made the following settings requests: FULLHDR, NOACK, NOREPRO,
> CONCEAL.

It appears that your new subscriber has some experience with LISTSERV lists.

FULLHDR is the default setting for new subscriptions, unless you explicitly
specified a different setting in the Default-Options= statement in your list
configuration.
See <http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.html#_Toc128537033> for a
discussion of "Options for mail headers of incoming postings".

It is not uncommon for knowledgeable individuals who are attempting to limit
the amount of unnecessary email they receive to set their list subscriptions
to NOACK and NOREPRO.

Individual subscribers have no control over who may obtain the list of
subscribers using the REVIEW command, however, they can prevent their
address from appearing in the output of the REVIEW command by using the
CONCEAL option. Some individuals explicitly choose this option to prevent
their address from being harvested by potential spammers.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team