Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 16:45:00 MST
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 04:34:07 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>company that had  prior use. Then the other company  can complain and may
>take  the trademark  away from  you even  though you  had it  registered.
>Registration   however  is   required  in   order  to   prosecute.  While
>registration is recommended, it is not  necessary in order to have rights
>to a mark.

   Eric is, as usual, correct.  This exactly parallels copyright law, which
does NOT require the registration of anything for it to be copyright.  It is
copyright by the act of creation.  Whether I put a notice of copyright on
this message or not, whether I send it to Copyright Office with appropriate
forms and fees, it IS copyrighted.

dan, also not a lawyer, thank God.

  Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
  Albertsons Library, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho 83725 USA
  [log in to unmask]             http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/
  How can one fool make another wise?  Kansas, "No One Together," 1979