"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Jun 1994 19:00:22 -0400
Our threshhold is set to 100 messages per day to avoid any such
problem because this volume is well beyond our normal postings. This
will still not help with the nastymail nor the garbage which would
merely appear in greater quantity until your noise ratio got so high
that the good participants would start to sign off. I'm not certain
that the purpose is not to destroy good lists like this list at CUNY.
I hope not but these events seem to happen overnight. I think that it
is probably a good idea to have owner approved subscriptions and
perhaps private posting only if you are starting a list now on the
internet.--Paul
--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]