Wed, 4 Feb 2004 01:40:07 -0600
Randy Ryan wrote:
> If it isn't an address subscribed to my list, I just don't need to see it.

Yes, you do.  As has been explained many times, that ADDRESS may not be
subscribed, but the person behind that address may be.  The subscribed
PERSON sets up an auto relay/forward (sometimes more than one so you have
two or more relays to look at).  LISTSREV *sends* to the subscribed
address, the relay address fails and then the error message comes back from
the RELAY address (not subscribed) rather than the SUBSCRIBED address to
which the list posting was sent.  Auto-delete cannot do anything about that
relay address as it is not subscribed, but *YOU* can figure out that it is
a relay address problem and figure out which is the SUBSCRIBED address
which is causing the problem.  And you *will* continue to receive those
errors for non-subscribed address, but a subscribed PERSON, until YOU
do something about it.  If you do nothing, the errors will persist as
long as the list exists (or your RENEWAL program, if you have one, nails
the sucker).

> There is nothing I can do about it anyway and I can be reached if required.

Yes, there is something you can do about it, as has been explained.  And
you *have* been reached, via the DEMR.

Douglas Winship       [log in to unmask]