W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 11:35:13 -0330
Anne Washburn writes:

> I set up our list with Reply-To=List,Respect. I know this is the default,
> and I really don't understand the description of what the possible
> settings are!
>
> We have found that in Eudora, we cannot reply to an individual. The
> replies are always directed to the list. Besides being a pain, I think
> this is confusing to many people and they end up sending private posts to
> the list that they didn't intend. No matter how we set up Eudora, this
> doesn't change, so I assume it is from how I set up the header.
>
> What would be the correct Reply-To setting to permit people to reply
> *either* to an individual or the list?

Reply-to=Both will allow replies either to the list or to the sender.
But if the mailer at the sending end cannot parse multiple addresses ina
REply-to field, the reply will stillgo to the list.

--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406