Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 16:45:04 -0800
>As list owner, I thought that I could delete people and have them
>receive the farewell file. What I found out was that the farewell file
>is only sent in response to a "signoff" request. The only way to have
>departing members receive a notice other than the default template is to
>manually send it to them; of course, I could also edit the default
>template.

Drew, I don't think this is accurate.  I used a farewell file for quite
some time (and plan to go back to it when I have time to do some drastic
updating), and I handled about 90% of the deletions by sending commands
myself.

Sherry Beauchamp

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily