Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 18:55:13 -0400
On  9 Oct 98 at 10:38, Pete Weiss wrote:

> Can you say "cease and desist!" ?

Yup. We do that a lot, and have standard forms for it. Anytime
we find out about a misuse of the name we send out the forms. Even
with LISTSERV customers, if they misuse the name, using it as a
generic on a web page and we find out about it, we send them a
"nudge" and explain the legal technicalities. If we didn't, we'd lose
the trademark. Usually a nudge is all that's needed, because most
people just don't realize the trademark issue, and as soon as we make
them aware of it, they are generally quite willing to comply.

Francoise