Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:33:37 -0500
At 22:34 01/18/2001 Thursday, Greg Alleva wrote:
 >I am the owner/moderator of a department list and have been asked by a
 >member to provide the names and e-mails of all members.  The info. would
 >be for a department sanctioned organization yet I still feel
 >uncomfortable.  All feedback is appreciated.

Do you operate the list of behalf of the department?  Is the request on
behalf of that department?

Is the proposed communication going to be broadcasted through your list
facilities?

Is the proposed communication within your university's AUPs?

Is your list REVIEW= PUBLIC or PRIVATE or OWNER?

Many departments here at Penn State have their own WEB site, with all of
their Faculty and Staff listed.