"Stan V. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 04:54:48 EDT
Folks

A number of our subscribers have an email service with an ISP where their
mailbox can get full quickly.  Yes, they can buy more space, such as at Yahoo,
but with so many subscribers, we have a real problem with error messages in huge
quantities because ours is an alumni discusion list with some 50 to 100
emails a day on busy days.  Sometimes subscribers are away for days at a time,
which is why their inbox fills up.

I know how to control who gets the error messages.  But I wonder what options
are available to owners to manage this.

Ideally, I would like options to set for either number of undeliverable
messsages or number of days, and then get an email report of who has a problem
receiving messages, without getting hundreds of bounced error return messages inmy
owner email box.

If we set for auto-delete will these emails be deleted and will we get an
error report of which are deleted?

Should the type be set to full auto, semi auto or manual and what do these
really mean?

How can the probe function help us if at all?

Our subscriptions do not expire.

Stan

The listserv manual is not to clear about this.

Thanks in advance

Stan