Michael McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:08:44 -0400
They may not show as having been on the list if they are subscribed under
<[log in to unmask]> or similar that forwards to <[log in to unmask]>.
The bounce from the closed MSN account is returned and of course, it's not
on the subscriber list.  You might look for <steve*@*> or check you
you think is the forwarding subscriber, email them, and the bounce will
give you the trail.

>M. A. Gilbert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> My question is this. I periodically receive a notice that there is an
>> error on an account that is not and, to the best of my knowledge, has
>> never been on the list.
>>
>> Can anyone help?  The message is below. It is for [log in to unmask],
>> and came as: GRADPHIL: Daily error monitoring report
>>
>> The following 1 subscriber is currently being monitored:

>>                 Last error: User unknown
>

>1: answer your direct question.  Someone subscribed to you GradPhil list
>with the email address of [log in to unmask], and now their account is
>no longer valid.  If you look at the list of subscribers for that list, you
>should be able to locate them and remove the offending subscription (using
>the web interface to listserv is quite nice in this regard).  A hint might
>be to search for only subscribers who are using the address with "msn.com".

There is now way they are going to find them on the list if they have not,
nor are, subscribed.

Michael