Ashley Goss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:42:47 EST
I'm running a confidential list with sub by Owner on v1.8d.
I'd like to set up the ADDREQ1 and SUB_OWNER templates to
send out a questionaire to any request not coming from uga.edu
addresses.

According to the online manual: "Starting with
LISTSERV 1.8d the operators =* and ^=* are available to perform
wildcard matches in conditional blocks. For instance
[log in to unmask] =* J*DOE@*EXAMPLE.COM
is a true statement. The wildcard specification is on the right-hand
side whereas the actual text (or variable) you are evaluating is
on the left."

But when I use the following in my MAILTPL
.* section for uga addresses
.bb &whom =* *@*.uga.edu
Your request to join the &LISTNAME list has been forwarded to the
list owner for approval. If you have any question about the list, you
can reach the list owner at &OWNER.
.eb
.* section for NON-uga addresses
.bb &whom ^=* *@*.uga.edu
.to &WHOM
A copy of the &LISTNAME membership questionnaire
has been sent to you. Please read it carefully and follow the
instructions to complete it and return it to the list owners.
.eb

I get the following error: >>> Error in line 37 of la.mailtpl:
extraneous data in expression - ".uga.edu" <<<
 -> .bb &whom =* *@*.uga.edu <-