Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 17:51:30 -0500
When you first start using a rotating banner with the &DAYSEQ variable,
when does the &DAYSEQ()= 1 period begin?  Does it begin with the very
first day you install a MAILTPL with that variable?  Or, is it based on
some Julian date, or other independent time sequence?  If so, what is that
sequence and where can I find its value for the current date?

I ask because from time to time I may want to insert some current news
into my banner which I'll want to take effect immediately.  If &DAYSEQ is
based on some Julian date or whatever, I'll want to know how to calculate
where in the rotation block I will need to insert the time-senstive
message so that it shows up right away.

Second question:  do bottom banners appear with an automatic line to
separate the banner text from the user's message, or will I need to insert
my own separating border at the top of my banner text (if I wish to have
one)?

Thanks for any help.

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]