Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:28:47 EST
On Wed, 6 Nov 1996 17:29:28 -0600 Adam Bailey said:
>I had heard that with LISTSERV 1.8c, List Owners would be able to set up
>files for users to download from the server via e-mail. As I understand
>it, this was something that previously could only be done by the LISTSERV
>maintainer.
>
>Do I understand correctly, and if so, how do I set this up?

The change from 1.8b to 1.8c is that 1.8c will introduce a new cataloging
system that will give list owners the ability to manage their own file
archives.  However, the LISTSERV maintainer still has to make an entry
in site.catalog for your listname.catalog; you can't do that for yourself.
Once the LISTSERV maintainer does that, you're ready to rock.

The instructions are in the beta-1.8c list owners manual in chapter 8.4.
I've posted the location of the beta manuals numerous times so I won't
do so again.

Nathan