Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 May 1994 23:51:54 MST
On Sat, 28 May 1994 23:04:32 EST Nathan Brindle said:
>>   True, subscribing to a list can be a minor hassle.
>>
>>Worse is getting *off* the list.  *That*'s the hassle.

  Any listowner worth his/he salt reads or at least skims the list at least
once a day.  Anyone sends an unsbu to the list, I zap them immediately.
I know some listowners seem really compulsive about sending the person
messages on how to unsub and so forth....I'm on a couple of those lists.
But since it usually takes a few iterations to get it thru their heads,
I jsut zap them.  It is as easy as sending them a form letter, so why
not just delete them?

>hard it is to use LISTSERV.  It ain't LISTSERV--it's the broken mailers
>and non-standard interfaces and mis-configured mail software that lie
>between the users and LISTSERV that cause half the problem, and uneducated
>users that cause the other half.

  True enough, but since I can do nothing about that, I just zap them
VERY quickly if their mailbox overflows, etc.  They are told that.

   I just do it the easiest way possible.

cyclops

  Dan Lester                          Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Network Information Coordinator     Bitnet:   ALILESTE@IDBSU
  Boise State University Library
  Boise, Idaho  83725                 In the kingdom of the blind, the
  208-385-1235                        one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus. 1523