Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Aug 2016 00:00:16 -0700
Anybody able sustain active support groups, and if so what methods are you
using to keep in a fresh/younger user base and keep it active.

All the old school email disability support groups (whether still with LISTSERV
or even Yahoo groups) have just about completely died.  There seems little
incentive for younger people to join.  Perhaps with all the updates, tweeting,
gramming, etc, there is just no interest or time?

I don't see how Facebook could possibly replace a functional email group with
hundreds of people focused on a topic, yet that seems to be the way things have
moved.  The groups on Facebook appear to be flourishing (kind of), but I
suppose you have to live on the phone in order to keep up with the busier groups.

I not a fan of facebook a ton of reasons that would take this topic out of
focus.  But if people have come up with methods to get/keep their groups
active, I'd love to hear them.
--
Randy
http://www.our-kids.org, http://www.cpparent.org