John Cunniff <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:59:59 -0500
Hello, Everybody,

On LISTSERV 15.0:

I was first to add a friend of mine to a list with the e-mail address.
Then, a few minutes later, my co-owner who was assisting me with
anything that I cannot be available. well, she received an e-mail from
my friend who experienced "bounce off" from list. So, she did the same
thing by re-added my friend with the SAME e-mail address so, LISTSERV
did took the submission of adding a subscriber so, I received ANOTHER
notification after mine was notified to my friend so, poor friend got
two notifications with the same messages "You have been added to the
listname (Public list-description) by xxxxx" (xxxx are not the same,
though. First was by me, and the last one was by my co-owner. I got
puzzled so, I wondered it would be OK or not.

Until my friend told my co-owner about the problem is that my friend got
DOUBLE posts of the same things. Like for example, if another friend of
mine announced an Ultrasound result of fourth and fifth babies each
mommies. My friend gets TWO messages about fourth and fifth babies'
Ultrasound result. It is not normal for him. I only got singles, and
that was it. Then, I went to LISTSERV's List Management then,
Subscription Management, and I have discovered some kind of bug in this.

It appeared that my friend's e-mail address was showing like this:

(Notice: u and U are different in the listed above). So, I tried to
remove "[log in to unmask]" by highlighted that. Then, I clicked on "Delete
from list" Then, I got this message:

The following users has been removed from the list:

[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]

That really surprised me! I have lost TWO addrresses, not one!! So, I
went to Examine box and typed:

It said "No matches found" so, I assumd that LISTSERV did removed TWO
altogether! So, I had to use "Add Subscriber" box to do this. And it
only added ONCE.

I notified my co-owner who reported to me about the problem. She was
surprised to learn about that.

I think it is the bug in LISTSERV that caused the above problems. I
think the problem should be fixed in the next version after version 15.0
or something that we needs to be more careful of watching out for adding
someone without any communication break-downs between me and a co-owner...

Thank you.

John :)