Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 11:40:41 +0100
On Sun, 15 Oct 1995 21:16:36 EDT Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]> said:

>With regard  to the  filtering, the headers  should mention  both lists.
>Wouldn't that take care of it?

If  you use  non-IETF headers  you get  a "Sender:"  field with  only one
address.  The filters  I mentioned  typically work  based on  the message
origin, rather than on the recipient list.

I think your problem is one that is  best solved in the MUA. It should be
relatively straightforward to only display one occurrence of a message if
there are  multiple identical copies  in your  mailbox. I know  there are
MUAs that  do that  because every  time I express  my annoyance  at being
cc:ed for  2 weeks  on every  reply to a  comment I  made the  mistake of
making on the IETF  lists, even when the replies have  nothing to do with
what I originally said  and I am on the #$$%^ list,  I am invariably told
that  my  MUA  is  brain-damaged   for  not  internally  eliminating  the
duplicates :-)

  Eric