Charles Oriez <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:48:22 -0700
running v1.8e

I had a user who seems to be properly subscribed to a list get a reject
message saying that he wasn't authorized to post to the list from his
address.  The address he tried to post from is the same as the address that
shows for him when I query the subscriber base, except that the address was
in lower case on the list and his from address on his email was in upper
case.  NOPOST and REVIEW are not set in his configuration.

I always thought that email addresses were case insensitive for purposes of
deciding whether someone was subscribed or not, but I can't come up with
any other explanations for why he had trouble posting. Any other bright ideas?

--
[log in to unmask] 39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W       AIM handle caoriez
The State of the Union Address occurred this year on Ground Hog Day.  As