Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 19:53:17 -0400
On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Nathan Brindle wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 1997 16:27:46 EST Randy Porter said:
> >     I'm not asking for anything like fuzzy logic, just a way to turn off
> >     the auto forward if the list isn't valid.
>
> But the list <is> valid, the <user> simply screwed up.  In any case there's
> no way to turn off the GLX that I'm aware of.  It's an integral part of
> the LISTSERV system.  What you're asking is like asking the phone company
> to turn off your access to all phone numbers that you didn't intend to
> dial, just because you got a wrong number.

   I think what he wants to do might be possible, Nathan.  Correct me if
I am in error.  He says he wants to configure listserv NOT to forward
subscription requests if the list doesn't exist at his site.  So, as
I recall, before I sent in our registration, that was exactly how
listserv behaved.  Is is called "stand alone mode" with 1.8c? :-)

Cheers!

--Trish
--------
Trish Forrest