ROGER MYERS <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jul 1995 16:58:08 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Last week I tried to place 13 files onto LISTSERV. Six files transfered
fine while the other seven files gave me the error message
"Incorrect password supplied" I had used the exact same password for all
PUT commands.

Today I figured it out. LISTSERV returns this error message when the file
being PUT contains non-printable characters in it. Each of the rejected
files contained at least one ASCII character 196 and/or 249.

Can some one please explain to me why LISTSERV is returning an error
message referencing an incorrect password when the problem is non-printable
characters?

Roger
Internet:  [log in to unmask]  -  Roger Myers