Michael Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:58:00 -0800

Earlier, you wrote:
> If I send a REVIEW, SUB or DEL command from either AOL address the
> LISTSERV software simply ignores them.

SUB and DEL commands do not require you to receive e-mail to confirm them.
Therefore, you should be able to successfully perform these commands using
the web interface regardless of AOL's e-mail policy.

To better diagnose your difficulty using the LISTSERV web interface, it
would be helpful if you described what you were trying to do and how you
were trying to do it, so that we can better advise you as to how you might
better achieve your goals.

> Unfortunately, nothing has worked so far!

What exactly have you tried to do so far?  Did you actually attempt to
make a free e-mail account using Yahoo! or Hotmail?  If you did not try to
do so, how can you possibly claim that nothing has worked?  Or are you
saying that you were not able to successfully create a Yahoo! or Hotmail
e-mail account and were not successful at designating them quiet
listowners as backup for your AOL account?

> I called AOL tech support and the nice customer service person in India
> did his best, but he had never heard of LISTSERV.
>
> Any other suggestions?

How about these two?

(1) Try to create a free e-mail account and then use the web interface to
LISTSERV to designate it as a list co-owner, as previously suggested.
Why ask for more suggestions when you've not yet tried to exhaust the ones
people have already given you?

(2) Complain to AOL about the ineffectual customer support.  Not that AOL
customer support staff have to be expert at LISTSERV, but surely they
shouldn't drop your support request on the floor if you're having a bad
customer experience?  It would be nice if they could escalate the problem
until it reaches someone with the necessary experience to give you
confident and correct answers to the questions you are asking.

--
Michael