Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:47:40 -0500
On Feb 22, 2007, at 2:11 PM — 2/22/07, Nate Eckstine wrote:

> I am evaluating the listserv software to replace some old webboard
> lists. I had a couple of questions if anyone has experience with these
> areas.
>
> 1. Does HTML mail work ok?
> 2. Do attachments work ok or have any limitations.
> 3. Does bounce processing work well?
> 4. Are there any severe limitations to the software?
>
> I am working with the windows version.

Your questions are too vague. What's your definition of "ok?"

I don't run LISTSERV under Windows, but I run a very active LISTSERV
installation under Linux. Subscribers who want to sendi attachments
and HTML content can do so. How those messages are received by
subscribers depends a great deal on each subscriber's email software
as well as each subscribers' choice of subscription options.

Bounce processing depends heavily on the mail transport agent, but
with sendmail, it works quite well.

Limitations are mostly due to the OS and other elements of the
infrastructure. For sending messages with attachments, you need to
consider the limitations on the sending and receiving end, as well as
the ability of your network to handle the traffic.