"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 08:43:00 EDT
When I perceive that when proprietary-based subscribers are
getting full mailboxes such as those that occur on AOL.COM
or COMUSERVE.COM, I just delete them.

This sends the "correct" message to the subscriber, if they
should ever happen to return to processing their e-mail,
that they have a responsibility to act before they go on
vacation.  (Of course they could have been in an accident.)

Non-ISP subscribers e.g., .EDU or .GOV, I might just SET NOMAIL.

If the user has an automated vacation mail-bot, I usually
just SET NOMAIL.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State