Stanley Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:59:52 -0400
Nathan or Eric:

Is there any possibility that reporting functionality will be included in
Listserv's next version? With hundreds of lists being hosted here,
managing the Listserver here would be easier if I could at least get some
basic reports such as how many average postings each list processed and
have that info available via a Web site or e-mailed to me. Something that
works sort of like AccessWatch on Web servers would be wonderful.

Some faculty who have migrated from our Listserv 1.8c IBM VM server to our
1.8d Digital Unix server miss the stats command. They use lists as
electronic adjuncts to their face-to-face class discussions and since some
of them require Listserv participation by their students, these faculty
used the stats command to see how often their students posted to the list,
but for reasons I don't know, that command wasn't ported over to the Unix
implementation of Listserv. The stats command is definitely missed here,
but a nice Web-based implementation would be more than welcome.