Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 11 May 1996 09:20:02 -0700
In PINE, you can edit the headers, create your own headers, and so
you can cut and paste in the original values for those headers too.

See Rich Headers, and see the SETUP/OPTIONS for details (unless your
PINE is supplied by a service bureau that does not permit you to
change the setup/options, in which case, it's not PINE but your service
that's the bottleneck).

But, there is another issue. You probably shouldn't be changing the
From field from you to the original author. After all, you have now
changed the contents of the message, and it is no longer that of
the original author; in fact, the original author might get very
upset to have email distributed which is attributed to her but written/
edited by someone else. Better to send the edited copy back to the
original author and ask her to revise her message according to your
suggestions so that it gets "approved" for posting.

And, you have no control over the "Approved-By: <listowner>" header that
gets inserted by LISTSERV before distribution. You could add additional
Approved-by: headers, but I don't know to what purpose.

That leaves only the Reply-To: header as interesting to edit.
Peter R.