Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 17:40:18 EST
On Tue, 23 Jan 1996 17:16:03 EST Bill Gruber said:
>On Tue, 23 Jan 1996 16:46:38 EST Nathan Brindle said:
>>Hmm, why don't you just add *@WINTERNET.COM to your Filter= ?  :)
>
>On all the 110 or so lists here?

I was thinking about this from the standpoint of the individual list
owner, not from a server-wide one.  But the LISTSERV maintainer can
ban all users from WINTERNET.COM in 1.8b with the FILTER_ALSO= parameter
in LOCAL SYSVARS (or GO.USER, or SITE.CFG, depending on your platform).
I don't think it's necessary to punish everyone at the site on all lists
on your server, but clearly there are some list owners who would just
as soon not have [log in to unmask] subscribing and unsubscribing from
their lists.  They are the ones for whom "Filter=" would be an option.

If this is actually an attempt at mailbombing rather than spamming,
I would think that "Subscription= Open,Confirm" (for 1.8b) would be
helpful...but I like the Confirm option, so I'm biased.  :)

Nathan