Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 22:17:30 -0500
David
  I run a list with 3200 subscribers in 46 countries.  They have all sorts
of mailers, from the most sophisticated to the most basic.  Many of them
are unable to receive anything that is not "text/plain" or, if they can
receive it, convert the attachment into gibberish.  For that reason we
do not allow the use of attachments to the basic plain text message.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of Autocat
     http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~ulcjh