Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 06:33:12 -0700
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:17:42 +0100, Jo Hermans <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What is the definition of an active user ? Does he/she needs to mail at
>least once in the renewal-interval ? We have a renewal interval of 3
>months, but I see that a number of users are asked for renewal although
>they have posted a few times during those months.

The internally stored "recent activity date" timer is the most recent of
posting a message, changing SET options, or subscribing to the list.

>I'm using listserv 1.8b (yes, brown.edu still hasn't upgraded ... I'm still
>waiting for the probing-feature ....)

I do not remember how 1.8b handled this, and it may have been "broken" i.e. it
may not operate as currently documented.  However, since 1.8d is now officially
released, 1.8b is definitely no longer supported and our first response in
Support for a fix for this would be to suggest that you upgrade to the current
public release version.